Owen Street is a cluster of skyscrapers currently under construction in Manchester City Centre by Renakerbuild Ltd. Once built, the tallest tower – at 67 storeys and almost 200m high – will be the second highest residential tower in the UK. The other towers will stand at 53, 47 and 40 storeys high.
Each face of each tower is indented by 1m, creating a vertical crease which breaks down each surface into two narrower planes. The towers are clad using a fully glazed unitised, glazed curtain walling system. The Scissorsafe fall protection system has been utilised on every raised level. Expendable cast-in void formers are fixed to the decking formwork which provide overhead anchorage points for lifelines that are running parallel to the buildings perimeters.
Renaker was established in 2006 as a coming together of business leaders and drawing upon a unique blend of complementary skills gained from decades of experience within the industry’s ;leading organisations. It is one of the North West’s leading property developer’s with a proven track record in design, build and delivery with around 2900 new homes currently under construction.
Focchi S.p.A. is a leading company in the curtain walling sector engaged in the full cladding process from design, manufacture, delivery and site installation.
30 years of experience in the technical design and overall management of building envelopes using profiles that have been developed in-house always achieving consistently high Quality of both performance and product innovation.
Some major Focchi achievements are:
- The construction of the first building in Italy with structural silicone technology, IRCAER in Bologna.
- Followed by LINGOTTO in Turin and in Vienna with the project HAAS HAUS
- Focchi was the first company to adopt the construction glazing technology in the marine sector with the glazing contracts for 23 transatlantic and cruise line ships.
- The design and construction of innovative “bomb blast resistant” façades for the Marks & Spencer project in Manchester and the London Stock Exchange in Paternoster Square.
- The design and construction of the largest suspended bolted façade in Italy for the Pirelli Headquarters project in Milan.