SECURE YOUR HAND & POWER TOOLS
Fall Protection refers to anything that can fall, whether it’s a person, debris, tool or piece of equipment.
A Tool Lanyard is a tether that is designed to act as an intermediate device between the tool and the anchor point ( wrist strap,harness, belt bag etc.).
They allow a tool to be used freely whilst maintaining a direct connection that will arrest the fall if they are accidentally dropped in use.
Scissorsafe Tool Lanyards are currently available in two versions rated by the weight of the tool to be attached to them. Accessories have been designed for ease of use and connection to hand and power tools.
All components have been load-tested tested On a 2:1 factor for static and impact loading.
- When an object falls from height, it gathers energy and force.
- A Tool as light and blunt as a spanner has the potential to cause damage, injury or death if it was to fall on a person from height.
- Sharp tools such as knives and screwdrivers can also cause fatal injuries given their ability to penetrate upon impact.
- A dropped tool weighing 1.5kg falling 60 metres will reach a speed of 80 miles per hour upon vertical impact.
- A construction hat will offer very little protection to anyone being hit in these circumstances.
- If the falling object is deflected by a hard surface it can fly over a very long distance greatly increasing the area of danger.
- Heavier tools will generate greater speed and velocity.